Hurray I'm One

Hurray I'm One

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

5 months old

Happy 5 months to the most handsome little boy I know. I can't believe it's been 5 months already. I think we've done pretty good as parents for the first 5 months, we've almost killed him only once. Josh pointed out to me a couple of weeks ago that he didn't think parenthood was as hard as he thought it was going to be. I would have to agree with him. I am fully aware that it will get much more difficult as he gets older, but even the sleepless nights weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be. The one thing that I learned from being a mom, well I guess realized, is how much my mom loves me. I know she loves, I've heard her say she would love me no matter what I did. But you just don't understand that until you have a child of your own. Your world revolves around your children. You eat, sleep, and breathe them. It still hard for me to comprehend that I have a son. I still don't fully understand how that happened, or who thought it would be a good idea.
Ami is growing like a weed. He is 12 lbs, and 26 in. His hair is starting to thin, and he has a bald spot on the back. He is in 3-6month clothes, except for pants. He is starting to cut teeth. You can't see any but he chews all the time on anything he can get a hold of. For the most part when he is sleepy all you have to do is lay him in his bed and he will fall asleep on his own. He is sleeping much better now. Last night he slept 8 hrs straight. He is much more alert. He instantly turns his head towards a new sound. He recognizes my voice and his name. He thinks fire is the coolest thing. He just stares at it. He now cries when he sees us and we have been gone for a while. It's pretty cute and it tugs on my mommy heart strings. He is very content to hang out on the floor and play by himself. He has a lot more control over his hand and arm movements. He is still very talkative and alert. His health is good, so far. He is eating oatmeal cereal now and it's going over pretty well. He is just getting bigger and changing everyday.
Josh and I are doing pretty good. We just got over some nasty sinus stuff. Josh's birthday is at the end of this month, he's gonna be the big 2-5. Life is busy.



1 comment:

  1. Precious! Is he wearing the onesie I got him?

    ReplyDelete