Hurray I'm One

Hurray I'm One

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Feeling Better

I took Ami to the doctor on Monday, and she wanted to see him again this week before Christmas so I took him again today. He has gained 5oz in 2 days; which is good since he hasn't gained any weight in over a month. His ear look questionable so next week when I take him back she will check it again. He is breathing easier each day. Last night we had him off oxygen for a while just to see what would happen. He dropped to 88 then came back up to 94, then would drop to 90 and go back up again. I let him sleep a couple of hours without the oxygen. He hates that thing in his nose, and I don't blame him. When he goes back on Thursday he's also going to have his 4 month check up, which means shots. I asked her how long we needed to quarantine him for, and she suggested through Feb. I have no idea how on earth I am going to keep him home for two months. She said that RSV does a lot of damage to the lungs. He might be over the RSV in a couple of weeks, but it will take a while for his lungs to heal from it. She also said kids that get RSV also get respiratory illness much easier than others, and if he gets too many respiratory illnesses it can affect him for the rest of his life. So if I thought I was stressed out before I definitely am now. On a brighter note we tried rice cereal last night. It went over like a lead balloon. He screamed like we were feeding him acid on that spoon. But he was a little hacked off to begin with. I guess we'll try again tonight and see where we get. He slept horrible last night. He went to bed at 8 and woke up at 10:30, then again at 11:50, 12:50, 1:50, 2:30, 3:30, and 5:30. And of course it was my night to have him. He wanted to be held to sleep. The swing didn't even seem to help. I'm pretty bummed out that we have to stay home for Christmas. Christmas eve we are going to bake cookies for Santa. On Christmas my parents are going to come over in the morning but other then that it's going to be a movie marathon day. We are going to have our own Christmas steak dinner. That may be the only good thing, no ham. Maybe it will snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment