Hurray I'm One

Hurray I'm One

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rear View Mirror

I'm so glad that today wasn't another 12 hour day. I got to spend a lot of time with Ami today at work. He's getting good at kicking his legs to get his toys to move. Today when we left work we went on an adventure. We drove down a road that we have never been down before just to see where it would take us. It took an extra 15 min to get to grandma's house, but now we know where that road goes. We got caught behind a school bus so I had a lot of down time while driving. So I watched him in my rear view mirror. He looked around, out the window, and talked to himself in the mirror. He's grown so much. His car seat no longer looks like it's gonna swallow him. He doesn't need that pillow around his head any more, and he's almost long enough to move the straps up higher. He does so good just laying and watching everything that goes on around him. When we got to grandpa and grandma's, grandma was home already. They sat and talked and smiled. He showed her how he kicks at hanging toys. Great grandma and grandpa came over to our house and brought us diapers. They ones he was wearing are still too big and he poops out of them. They got to see the pictures that daddy took of us when we went to Buseick. Tonight was bath night! I love bath night. He does so good. I take a bath with him and we get to hang out for a while just us. We talk and go over our body parts. Ami gets a baby massage and mommy gets to kiss nakedness. He likes to float and kick his legs. My favorite part is how great he smells after the bath, all fresh and clean. Friday night we are having fall open house and a trunk or treat at my work. Ami is gonna be super man for Halloween. Saturday night Josh and I get to have a date night, thanks to his parents. We still aren't sure where we are going to go eat or what we are going to go do but I'm excited. On Sunday we are going to go trick or treating at all of the grandparent's houses. I figure if we get started around 2 we might be back home by 8. I'm getting excited about the up coming holiday season. I've begun some of my shopping for Christmas and we are going to go to Eminence for Thanksgiving. My grandparents have only seen dude man once and for like 10 min. But not to worry we will be making our rounds before we leave and after we come back so everyone can see the baby. I'm kinda nervous about a 2 hour car ride with a 2 month old. We might leave a little bit early so we have some leeway in our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment